View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
StalkerSan
Members
Members
StalkerSan

Element Afinity Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Element Afinity Discussion   Element Afinity Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 9:06 pm

I think random element is bullshit... I think it would be better to chose element but have some elements available regarding to what village you are from... (for example , sand village will have wind and earth). How unique is one ninja will be on how he uses his element (defencive , aggressive, spying jutsus for every element).
The second element will be gained through a questline (you choose the element) when you are a jonin.
Back to top Go down
Hitokiri
Members
Members
Hitokiri

PostSubject: Re: Element Afinity Discussion   Element Afinity Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 9:09 pm

All the same to me actually,all i need is my first element,FIRE.
Back to top Go down
Greedz
Members
Members
Greedz

PostSubject: Re: Element Afinity Discussion   Element Afinity Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 2:53 am

I don't see a point in making elements random, element allocation is basically an extension of your customization, its like saying choosing a clan should be random or the look of your character should be random.
The whole point of an mmo is to play the game your way e.g skills, stats, appearance etc.

I know this sounds good to some of you who are suggesting this but when you get a random element you absolutely did not want you're gonna do the same thing as everyone else and restart.

IF there is going to be a random/strict element choosing method then I'm with Stalker on this, each village should get 2 elements which you can pick from so at the LEAST you have a choice albeit not much of one.
I think this would make people think more about what village they would join and not just go straight for Konoha.

StalkerSan wrote:
I think random element is bullshit... I think it would be better to chose element but have some elements available regarding to what village you are from... (for example , sand village will have wind and earth). How unique is one ninja will be on how he uses his element (defencive , aggressive, spying jutsus for every element).
The second element will be gained through a questline (you choose the element) when you are a jonin.
Back to top Go down
yahiko24
Members
Members
yahiko24

PostSubject: Re: Element Afinity Discussion   Element Afinity Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 3:04 am

Greedz wrote:
I don't see a point in making elements random, element allocation is basically an extension of your customization, its like saying choosing a clan should be random or the look of your character should be random.
The whole point of an mmo is to play the game your way e.g skills, stats, appearance etc.

I know this sounds good to some of you who are suggesting this but when you get a random element you absolutely did not want you're gonna do the same thing as everyone else and restart.

IF there is going to be a random/strict element choosing method then I'm with Stalker on this, each village should get 2 elements which you can pick from so at the LEAST you have a choice albeit not much of one.
I think this would make people think more about what village they would join and not just go straight for Konoha.

StalkerSan wrote:

i agree that you should be able to choose your own elements
Back to top Go down
scorpion
Members
Members
scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Element Afinity Discussion   Element Afinity Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 3:29 am

Um, guise, Sanity has stated you can pick the first element but when you get another it is random. I'm guessing the Yuki will get wind, water and ice to star.
Back to top Go down
Dr.Acula
Dr.Acula

PostSubject: Re: Element Afinity Discussion   Element Afinity Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 4:07 am

Yes, the FIRST element you EVER acquire will be CHOSEN by the players

You can opt to get a SECOND element if you wish to, but it will be RANDOM

You still have control over your element, just with the first one

It brings a bit more teamplay into it and still keeps things somewhat fair so you dont have places like konoha with 10 thousand wind and lightning users, because then you have lack of diversity, with the second element being random, its more controlled and allows for every village to have a chance against another one. So first element is by choice, second element wil be random, no idea on HOW the randomization will work, but you'll know when we figure things out.
Back to top Go down
DemetriSage
Members
Members
DemetriSage

PostSubject: Re: Element Afinity Discussion   Element Afinity Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 6:05 am

But when looking into the mores of Naruto, your comment doesn't make much sense. Traditionally, atleast when looking at both Naruto, and Sasuke, the first element a ninja masters is the one that they have the most affinity to. The second, third, or fourth, comes with years of training as quoted by Shikamaru.

Quote :
its more controlled and allows for every village to have a chance against another one
There are several other factors that come into play when talking about balance between villages, and elemental choice falls below the list. With the first and foremost being population.
Back to top Go down
Chris118
Members
Members
Chris118

PostSubject: Re: Element Afinity Discussion   Element Afinity Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 8:33 am

if 1st element is choice what happens if your a clan with a permanent beginner element such as yuki or uchiha?
Back to top Go down
Dr.Acula
Dr.Acula

PostSubject: Re: Element Afinity Discussion   Element Afinity Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 8:57 am

DemetriSage wrote:
But when looking into the mores of Naruto, your comment doesn't make much sense. Traditionally, atleast when looking at both Naruto, and Sasuke, the first element a ninja masters is the one that they have the most affinity to. The second, third, or fourth, comes with years of training as quoted by Shikamaru.

Quote :
its more controlled and allows for every village to have a chance against another one
There are several other factors that come into play when talking about balance between villages, and elemental choice falls below the list. With the first and foremost being population.

We aren't exactly going by lore now are we? Some things have to be modified in order to make it work in this game, that's the somewhat sad truth. Again elements are still being worked out, but from what we've already talked about, that option we named off is the best choice so far. If you can suggest better ideas, let us know, we are keeping our eyes and ears open for different ideas to see what works

Also Population balance is a subject we've touched on but we aren't too worried about it right now, not until Alpha is released. So far this is just about elements, and how to acquire them. Again if you guys have ideas, leave them in the suggestions thread, we would be happy to hear them.

P.S. Bloodline elements are being worked out as well, be patient, we'll have something for you guys Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bluejay
Members
Members
Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Element Afinity Discussion   Element Afinity Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 9:35 am

Having the ability to choose both elements will keep a population going. If there becomes an imbalance of the elements people will start to pick the elements that are not popular in order to fill a niche and be more important.

Everyone knows that healers are some of the least picked classes. They are also the most desired by skilled guilds and dungeons raiders. Without the healer you will most likely fail. The village should teach their players to be balanced and if they do not decide it is that villages fate to be destroyed by the village that taught balance and the importance of all rolls.
Back to top Go down
Zipper13
Members
Members
Zipper13

PostSubject: Re: Element Afinity Discussion   Element Afinity Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 9:38 am

Agreed bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Element Afinity Discussion   Element Afinity Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Element Afinity Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2